Check out this recipe for Massaged Kale Salad from Mariah Standal and also check out her Sunrise Yoga class Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7:15am on INVIVO’s rooftop! You can read about Mariah and find more of her recipes on her website.
Massaged Kale Salad: Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner
- A few leaves of kale, stemmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Drizzle of Olive Oil or Grapeseed Oil (<1tsp)
- Lemon Juice (optional but it adds great flavor)
- Drizzle of Agave Nectar (<1tsp)
- Sea Salt to taste
- Pecans (toast ’em in a pan with a teensy bit of oil if you want)
- Thinly sliced apple, pear or cranberries. Or all three.
With the kale in a medium-sized bowl, lightly drizzle oil, lemon juice and agave nectar. Shake some sea salt on the kale. Massage with your hands like you would knead bread until the kale turns dark green (about a minute). Top with pecans and your fruit of choice. Yum! This dish is great on its own or as a side dish.