Every October, the American Physical Therapy Association celebrates National Physical Therapy Month with the goal of raising awareness about the benefits of physical therapy and physical activity.
Physical Therapists (PTs) are movement experts who improve quality of life through hands-on care, patient education, and prescribed movement. PTs treat people of all ages and abilities and empower you to take an active part in your care. After an evaluation, PTs create treatment plans for your specific needs and goals.
Millions of Americans have pain that limits their mobility and quality of life. This pain profile can help you talk to your health care provider about how pain is affecting your life and your preferences for managing pain.
Most Americans do not move enough. The good news is that regular physical activity is one of the easiest ways to reduce your risk of chronic disease and to improve your quality of life.
Make physical activity a priority to:
• Improve your memory and brain function
(all age groups).
• Protect against many chronic diseases.
• Aid in weight management.
• Lower blood pressure and improve heart health.
• Improve your quality of sleep.
• Reduce feelings of anxiety and depression.
• Combat cancer-related fatigue.
• Improve joint pain and stiffness.
• Maintain muscle strength and balance.
• Increase life span.
Help us encourage your family and friends to choose physical therapy and make physical activity a priority.